Wednesday, July 9, 2008


Packed up and heading back into town. High Island in the background is an awesome spot to see more than a dozen whales at a time--no kidding!


It was another great day on the water. Started out really foggy, but it eventually burned off and the sun came out for 10 whole minutes! That was enough for me to be satisfied.

The test fishery took 2 extra days before we saw the number of immatures drop off. Now the seine fleet is out fishing for 24 hours. It's blowing southeast 30 today--imagine that. Glad it wasn't when I was out there! Well, I don't know, it might be kind of fun. . .probably not.



When we pulled in a set at Middle Set there were a couple skates. What neat animals! That's James posing with one before he threw it back in the water.







And then of course I had to do my annual cheesy-pose-with-fish picture. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are absolutely covered in scales. i love it!